West Scotland – Dumfries & Galloway
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the UK’s leading transport businesses as they work to keep the country connected.
Joining them as Workshop manager you will be apart of the senior management team at this busy depot and responsible for the site’s daily operations. This will include leading the on-site team to ensure vehicles are maintained, repaired and readily available to meet operational requirements. You will also ensure the site is compliant with all Health & safety and DVSA requirements.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Provide strong pro-active leadership to staff with full responsibility for their performance and attendance. This will include providing motivation, support, training & development and where required following the company’s disciplinary procedures.
- Resource planning ensuring staff availability to meet operational requirements
- Working closely with the operations department to ensure vehicles are available to them in line with operational requirements
- Ensuring proactive maintenance of the vehicle fleet as well as the completion of daily inspections
- Monitoring vehicle repairs through regular quality auditing
- Ensuring all vehicles presented for MOT testing have undergone checks and quality audits to ensure a 100% pass rate.
- Work with the onsite storekeeper to ensure sufficient parts availability and to keep vehicles currently off the road at a minimum
- To track, monitor, communicate and look to improve on site KPI performance
- Communicate with depot trade union representatives as required
- Ensure compliance with all legislation, site health & safety requirements and DVSA standards.
- Deputising for the Fleet Engineer as required
To carry out this leadership role they are seeking an experienced vehicle technician / engineer who has already progressed their career towards leadership and can demonstrate previous management or supervisory experience in a workshop environment. A strong technical background working with Commercial Vehicles, HGV’s, military vehicles or similar is also key. You will need to hold a C&G/NVQ level 3 in Motor Vehicle Repairs or similar alongside your experience and a CPC Transport Management qualification is also desired through not essential.
In return they are offering a leadership role with good opportunity for further progression, company pension and free family travel.
Dumfries and Galloway is a stunning area in lowland Scotland with acres of forest and green spaces encased by a rocky shoreline and golden beaches. An adventure playground for those into mountain biking, watersports or more leisurely walks. It’s also home to a bustling arts scene and several music festivals.
To apply for this role please submit your CV today highlighting your relevant experience.