This is a great opportunity to join a leading manufacturer in the South West area with a strong history in the production of plastic products for regulated industries. The business supplies components and products internationally and over recent years has benefited from significant investment into new plant equipment and machinery.
Joining them as a Team leader in their busy warehouse you will lead a team of skilled and semi-skilled operators whilst still maintaining a hands-on role. You will be responsible for daily picking priorities and routines within the warehouse which will include inventory control, input and output of stock and effective cycle management of goods in and finished goods out in line with financial objectives and customer requirements.
They would also like to see you proactively look to improve processes and solve any issues that arise so that you can effectively support production.
Some key responsibilities will include:
- Maintain a high level of stock accuracy, coordinating the flow of items through receipt, storage, order picking and shipping
- Provide an excellent storage and despatch service to internal and external customers
- Promote H&S onsite ensuring safe use of warehouse equipment and accurate use of PPE
- Promote processes for effective inventory control
- Team leadership including daily set up meetings, preparing KPI’s, 121 meetings, performance management, handovers and ongoing support as well as training & development
- Lead 6s activity identifying and implementing ideas for ongoing improvements.
- Ensure production tooling is available 24 hours in advance
- Driving company vehicles (licenses permitting) including the forklift truck and pedestrian reach truck.
Does this sound like your next role?
This position is open to experienced warehouse personnel with a current forklift license. You will need to demonstrate a good understanding of warehouse management and Inventory Control as well as Health & Safety. Ideally you will also demonstrate some previous leadership or people management experience though if you’re an experienced warehouse operative seeking that next step into a leadership role this can also be considered.
The ability to act as banksmen for the warehouse and to operate a pedestrian reach truck is also beneficial.
In return they offer a great work environment, competitive benefits, and on-site parking. Certified for excellence as one of the UK’s top employers this is a business that really values its people. They have also confirmed that overtime will frequently be available to meet production demands.