This is a great opportunity to join a leading manufacturer in the South West area with a strong history in the production of plastic products for regulated industries. The business supplies components and products internationally and over recent years has benefited from significant investment into new plant equipment and machinery.
Joining them as Warehouse and Logistics Operator you will be supporting a busy manufacturing facility ensuring the smooth flow of incoming materials to meet production requirements and the resulting dispatch of finished products.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Receive, unpack and account for deliveries from suppliers. Counting and visually checking raw materials as you do so.
- Carry out regular stock checks to maintain stock accuracy and pick and issue stock to internal customers
- Ensure the production line has an adequate supply of material to minimise downtime
- Ensure parts are stored and picked in accordance with procedures so that materials first in are first out
- Support your team and your team lead in line with SQCDE targets (Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and Environment)
- Book incoming parts and products into the MRP system and ensure they are labelled correctly
- Use the MRP system to generate pick slips, tooling lists, cycle count sheets and daily picking priorities
- Receive component stock and finished goods from production, allocating space within the warehouse
- Generate delivery notes, certificates of conformity and analysis
- Communicate with transport agencies to ensure timely delivery of products to customers
To perform this role, they are seeking an experienced operator with a full current driving license. If you hold a forklift or pedestrian reach truck license this will be of benefit, but training can also be provided.
The role does involve working on a shift basis and its essential you can commit to these hours which alternative 6am to 2pm week 1 and 2pm to 10pm week 2.
In return they offer a great work environment, competitive benefits, and on-site parking. Certified for excellence as one of the UK’s top employers this is a business that really values its people. To apply for this excellent role please submit your CV today.