Passionate about Vehicle development?
Looking to support the release of next-generation vehicles?
This opportunity could be for you!
New to market this opportunity comes from an established vehicle manufacturer in the west midlands area looking to expand its R&D team amidst ongoing growth and continued investment in next generation technology.
Joining them as Test & Development Engineer you will be responsible the coordination of vehicle test projects from concept to completion. This will include designing, preparing, and conducting vehicle tests before recording, analysing, and reporting results in order to validate designs. A varied role you will be supporting the release of next generation vehicles as well as the ongoing improvement and modification of existing models.
Key tasks will include:
- Project coordination from concept to completion including delivery of all DVP activities
- Selecting and specifying the most appropriate test methods before sourcing/setting up equipment and where needed designing and building test rigs.
- Carrying out all testing and validation activities, including but not limited to NVH, environmental, structural, durability and performance testing. This will include working closely with external test bodies such as MIRA and CSA and working in a ISO17025 test lab environment
- Log test results and analyse and interpret test data using data logging and data analysis software
- Compile technical reports providing reasoned proposals and solutions for further product improvement
In exchange they offer a great work environment, good benefits and a stable role in a company committed to its improvement and ongoing growth as well as the chance to work with cutting edge technology including electric vehicles. Recognised for their investment in people and committed to a positive work life balance for their employees they also offer a strong flexible working policy and hybrid working.
To carry out this role they are seeking an experienced Test & Development engineer with the following skills and experience:
- Degree or HNC/HND qualified plus 3+ years industry experience in vehicle testing and development
- A good understanding of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic principles
- Able to read technical drawings and schematics as well as interrogate CAD data.
- Experience in Test rig design and build
- Experience in DVP, DFMEA and project coordination
- Knowledge of CANbus, able to collate, read and interpret CAN data
- Able to set up test instrumentation such as strain gauges, load cells, transducers, accelerometers, racelogic loggers and metrology equipment.
- Experience using a Data Acquisition System such as HBM QuantumX DAQ, Dewesoft or similar
- Experience using Data analysis software such as MATLAB
- Strong fault diagnosis and root analysis skills
- Knowledge of industry regulations and standards such as ECWVTA requirements and legislation for the US.
- Experience testing electrical vehicles is beneficial but not essential
To apply for this role please submit your CV today.