This opportunity comes to market from a from a leading manufacturer of vehicles in the West Midlands. Continuing to grow this household name have developed their vehicles in the UK for over 100 years and have a strong reputation for high quality vehicles tailored to their customers’ requirements.
With ongoing investment in the development of next generation vehicles including a 100% electric vehicle solution the business is committed to the development of innovative solutions and continues to grow year on year.
Your role will see you responsible for the development and integration of automotive control systems. This will include working across both sides of the V cycle with a focus on seeing systems successfully calibrated and installed onto a number of new electric and hybrid vehicle models currently in development.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Requirements capture and targeted distribution of requirements down to the software unit level
- Use of MATLAB/Simulink tools for development of software and control systems for electric vehicles
- Develop techniques to test bespoke control algorithms, verify code coverage and software structure
- Support the implementation and execution of tests and diagnostics tools that will enable validation and verification of Vehicle Control Systems
- Software and calibration development, delivering features on to model, verification rig and vehicle-based platforms.
To carry out this role they are seeking an educated engineer with prior industry experience in the development of automotive control systems who has seen projects through to physical delivery. You will need to demonstrate prior experience in the integration of automotive controllers, sensors and actuators. A broad understanding of different vehicle systems, how they communicate and the ability to problem solve are also key.
This position will see you join a small but growing systems and software team with a strong project pipeline and will provide good opportunities for skills development and progression.
As well as a varied role and strong project pipeline the employer is able to offer flexible working hours, hybrid working with the option to work 2 days a week from home, a great work environment and good opportunities for continued training and development.
To apply send in your CV today demonstrating the above listed skills and experience.