This is a great opportunity to join an international tier 1 supplier at their UK Headquarters in South Wales. With design, development and manufacturing activity taking place on-site this centre of excellence works closely with world class OEM’s and aftermarket customers across the agricultural, construction, military, and mining sectors.
Joining them as a Senior Quality Engineer you will be part of a small and dedicated Quality team and will get to work in a varied role with responsibilities ranging across customer, supplier, and internal quality. You will also work closely with the existing Quality Manager as part of the companies’ succession planning and will have the opportunity to progress into this management role. This will include sitting in on key management meetings and contributing to strategic decision making as you gradually take on more of a leadership role in the team.
The business is investing in the development of Next Generation Products and there will also be the opportunity to contribute to those projects, ensuring their quality as they move into production.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Acting on behalf of the Quality Manager, leading Department meetings and contributing to strategic decision making for the department.
- Mentoring and coaching the Quality Technicians within the team.
- Representing the business at Customer sites and meetings
- Supporting manufacturing by taking the lead in any quality issues that arise using problem solving tools such as 8D and 5Y and implementing corrective and preventative actions.
- Representing Quality at the daily tiered accountability meetings.
- Internal audits in line with ISO9001.
- Supplier visits (typically 1 – 2 per month) mainly in the UK although some European trips may be necessary.
- Supporting the Quality Technicians with customer return investigations and PPAP submissions.
- Supporting the supplier approval process as new suppliers are brought on board.
To carry out this role they are seeking an experienced engineer with 5+ years industry experience in Quality. You will need to demonstrate prior experience in both supplier and internal quality as well as the drive to work in a varied and changing role. Good problem-solving skills will be key as is internal auditing experience. Some programming knowledge of CMM’s would be advantageous.
An ambition to progress into a management role is essential and the ability to demonstrate existing leadership skills and/or experience is also key.
Located in South Wales close to the Brecon Beacons National Park this is a great location for those with a love of outdoor sports. This area also boasts several great restaurants and gastropubs whilst being commutable from major cities such as Cardiff and Gloucester.