This exciting new role comes to market from one of the UK’s leading technology centres. Partnering with multi-national companies through to SME’s across the manufacturing industries they aim to increase the competitiveness of the manufacturing sector in the UK.
Providing a vital link between academia and industry they help to take innovative new ideas and research and mature them so their ready for use in industry. Whether it’s leading the development of cutting-edge new technology, revolutionising our production systems or guiding capital investments they are involved, working alongside their industry partners to improve performance.
Joining them as a senior engineer you will be responsible for the technical delivery of key projects, leading product development activity across multiple sectors including consumer products. This will include working on full lifecycle design and development from capture of client requirements through to innovative research, design, development and delivery in line with project targets.
You will also support the ongoing identification, technical specification and delivery of new technology capability. Further to this as a senior engineer in the team you will mentor and coach your colleagues, sharing your knowledge and supporting their ongoing training and development.
To carry out this key role they are seeking a degree educated engineer with the following skills and experience:
- Degree educated in an engineering, design or technology subject
- A proven track record of product development in industry including mechanical problem solving and delivery of design solutions
- A good understanding of mechanical principals, able to create mathematical models to illustrate concepts and validate designs
- A breadth of experience with design for different manufacturing processes and materials
- Some exposure to project leadership and coordination, familiar with the stage gate process as applied to product development and new product introduction NPI
- Experience with FMEA, FEA and good skills with 3D CAD systems ideally Solidworks or NX
- Experience with human centred design approach, concept development and design selection
- Good experience with risk management and risk reduction within product development
- First-hand experience bringing a new product to market
In return they can offer an excellent career opportunity and a positive work environment. Company benefits include a 4 day week, flexible working hours, the option to partially work from home, onsite subsidised canteen, strong employee benefits and opportunities for your further education and professional development.