This newly created role comes to market from an established Hydraulics manufacturer in South East Birmingham looking to hire as part of their succession planning and amidst strong forecasted growth.
Privately owned the business benefits from over 50 years of history and today is a leading supplier to blue chip customers in the lifting, access platform and commercial vehicle sectors. Winners of the Queens award for enterprise with their own patented products they have a good market reputation and work on a project basis to develop bespoke designs that meet their customers’ requirements.
The existing technical director is well regarded in the industry, and this is a great opportunity to benefit from his mentoring, technical expertise and industry knowledge as you work closely with him over the next few years to grow into his role.
Joining as a senior design engineer you will work on a project basis and in a customer facing role. Your responsibilities will cover the full design lifecycle from capture of customer requirements through to design specification, detailed design and analysis, testing and production support. There will then be some focus on ongoing product improvements to support repeat sales.
To carry out this role they are seeking an educated Mechanical Engineer with the following experience and skills:
- 5+ years industry experience in Mechanical product design
- Strong 3D CAD skills, ideally in Solidworks but other CAD packages such as Inventor, Solidedge, NX or Creo can also be considered.
- A proven ability to design for manufacture with a good understanding of mechanical principals and production capability. Any knowledge of CNC machining, Turning, Milling, or welding would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of Hydraulic principals and hydraulic circuits will be of significant benefit
- Experience working in a customer facing role with strong communication skills
- Content to work in a SME environment, with a collaborative culture that will see you in a varied and hands on role – even as you progress to Director!
- Confident as the go to person for technical enquiries and as a key decision maker for technical product strategy
In return they are offering a varied role and the chance to work on innovative design solutions. The role comes with a competitive salary and benefits package that will increase as you work towards a role in senior management.