This exciting new role comes to market from one of the UK’s leading technology centres. Partnering with multi-national companies through to SME’s across the manufacturing industries they aim to increase the competitiveness of the manufacturing sector in the UK.
Providing a vital link between academia and industry they help to take innovative new ideas and research and mature them so their ready for use in industry. Whether it’s leading the development of cutting-edge new technology, revolutionising our production systems or guiding capital investments they are involved, working alongside their industry partners to improve performance.
Joining them as an experienced automation, mechatronics and electronics engineer you will work on the design, development and delivery of advanced production systems on a project basis. This will include innovative technical new research around technology / manufacturing readiness levels 3+ including the identification, technical specification and delivery of new and novel technology.
This varied role will see you in a customer facing position, technically leading key projects. This will require involvement in all aspects of the project delivery including but not restricted to: concept generation, detailed design, ensuring compliance with all relevant standards, support of commissioning, awareness of project budget and deliverables.
As a senior engineer you will be mentoring and coaching your colleagues contributing to their training and development. You will also contribute to the generation of strategic initiatives that support the development of the organisation and working to encourage cross-sector capability development.
To carry out this key role they are seeking a degree educated engineer with the following skills and experience:
- Degree educated in a related discipline i.e. computer science, mechatronics, robotics engineering or mathematician
- Expert knowledge of automation and robotics systems including both developing and commercially available technology related to safety systems, robot programming, kinematics, pathway planning, control systems and computer vision.
- A proven track record creating concept designs of automation and robotics solutions and seeing them through to onsite commissioning and acceptance testing in a customer facing role.
- Experience in embedded software development for automation / robotics applications (ROS, C++, Python)
- Knowledge of machinery safety and electrical standards such as PUWER, the Machinery Directive, IEC 60204-1 or safety integrity level (SIL).
- Knowledge of human-robot collaboration, co-botics and tele-operation technologies
- A professional registration such as chartership as desirable but not essential.
In return they can offer an excellent career opportunity and a positive work environment. Company benefits include flexible working hours, onsite subsidised canteen, strong employee benefits and opportunities for your further education and professional development.