This exciting new role comes to market from one of the UK’s leading technology centres. Partnering with multi-national companies through to SME’s across the manufacturing industries they aim to increase the competitiveness of the manufacturing sector in the UK.
Providing a vital link between academia and industry they help to take innovative new ideas and research and mature them so their ready for use in industry. Whether it’s leading the development of cutting-edge new technology, revolutionising our production systems or guiding capital investments they are involved, working alongside their industry partners to improve performance.
Joining them in this senior research role you will be responsible for both leading a team and project delivery across multiple technologies and industry sectors. This will include:
- Day to day management and development of your multi-skilled team of engineers.
- Overseeing technical aspects of project delivery, ensuring projects are complaint as well as delivered on time to budget and to customer requirement.
- Innovative research linked to technology/manufacturing levels 3+ (TRL/ MRL)
- Proposal of new cross-sector capability development projects that align with the department and overall business strategy
- Horizon scanning for new technologies and approaches that may solve industrial problems across a range of sectors.
- Identification, technical specification, and delivery of novel technology
To carry out this key role they are seeking a degree educated engineer with the following skills and experience:
- Qualified in Computer Science, Robotics engineering, mathematics of a similar engineering/science discipline
- Have 5+ years’ experience working in industry designing and developing robotics and automation technologies
- Some prior experience leading a team including managing project resource, assisting recruitment and supporting engineers’ development.
- Be able to demonstrate expert knowledge of automation and robotics systems
- Be aware of emerging and developing technologies related to robot programming, safety systems, kinematics, motion / pathway planning, computer vision and closed loop control systems
- Experience in full lifecycle development from initial concept right through to onsite commissioning and acceptance testing (FAT/SAT)
- Knowledge of software development for robotics in ROS, C++, Python or similar
- Knowledge of PLC’s, controls, and programming
- Knowledge of human and robot collaboration, co-botics and tele-operation technologies
- Good commercial skills, used to a customer facing role and interested in affordable, easily adoptable automation solutions
In return they can offer an excellent career opportunity and a positive work environment. Company benefits include flexible working hours, a 4 day working week, onsite subsidised canteen, strong employee benefits and opportunities for your further education and professional development.