This is a great opportunity to join a leading manufacturer in the Southwest area with a strong history in the production of plastic products for regulated industries. The business supplies components and products internationally and over recent years has benefited from significant investment into new plant equipment and machinery.
Joining them as Quality Assurance Manager you will enjoy a varied leadership role with full responsibility for the development, implementation and maintenance of quality systems, procedures, processes, and controls onsite. Your role will see you involved throughout product development and manufacture to ensure products meet Safety, Quality, Delivery and Customer requirements.
As part of the site’s management team you will also provide strategic direction for all quality assurance, and quality systems compliance activities and you will be leading an established quality team of 6-8 people. Further to this you will play a key role in ensuring that any product issues are promptly investigated and resolved with suitable corrective and preventative actions taken.
To fulfil this role, they are seeking a qualified engineer and experienced quality professional with previous leadership experience. Further skills and experience required includes:
- HNC/HND qualified in an engineering subject
- 5+ years’ experience in quality ideally in a regulated industry or with exposure to working in a clean room environment. Industry backgrounds could include medical device, plastics, injection moulding, automotive, aerospace or defence
- A proven track record of quality management within a manufacturing facility
- Certified quality auditor / quality audit experience for regulatory body inspections
- Knowledge of formal quality systems e.g. ISO9001 or ISO13485
- Proven track record leading and managing teams of people
In return they offer competitive salary and further employee benefits. Certified for excellence as one of the UK’s top employers they also offer a great working environment at their state-of-the-art facility with onsite parking.