This role comes to market from a global leader in the design and manufacture of electromechanical products as well as class I and II medical devices. With the business continuing to invest in the development of next generation technology
Joining as Quality Engineering Manager you will be working closely with design and manufacturing to ensure their products meet Safety, Quality, Delivery and Customer requirements. This will include new product introductions, supplier material, components, and finished products as you work to improve product quality and regulatory compliance.
You will also be the nominated deputy person responsible for product regulatory compliance in line with MDR article 15.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Providing strategic direction for all quality assurance activities
- Ensuring that Quality Processes, Tools and Controls are properly developed, implemented, and maintained.
- Supervision and management of a team of Quality Engineers, Technicians and Controllers.
- Ensure product issues are promptly investigated and suitable corrective and preventative action taken
- Ensure CAPA systems are operating effectively and close out corrective actions in time to meet set deadlines
- Supply chain development
- Project management
To carry out this business-critical role they are seeking an experienced Quality Engineering professional with 5+ years in industry. Further skills/experience required includes:
- Degree educated or HNC/HND plus experience in an engineering of life sciences subject
- 5+ years’ experience in a quality systems or quality engineering role within an electro-mechanical, electronics or medical device manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of ED MDD / MDR, ISO 13485, FDA QSR and JPAL requirements
- Proven experience in a leadership, supervisory or management role
Offering a great work environment this exciting position comes from a business that really values its people. Company benefits include a free coach service from their local train stations increasing access from the local area, central and east London as well as an onsite subsidised canteen and an onsite nursery. Employee benefits include double matched contributory pension to 12% and private healthcare after your first year.
Please note the employer has implemented a number of measures to make sure their site is Covid Safe and is also currently offering employees the choice to work from home or onsite as they feel comfortable with this being continuously monitored by the business in line with government advice.
Long term the business is reviewing their work from home policy with greater flexibility expected to stay in place. Whilst this role is not open to complete remote working, the business are happy to consider applications from those that would require the flexibility to partially work from home.
To apply please submit your CV for consideration.