North Cambridgeshire – commutable from south Lincolnshire, Peterborough, and Norwich
This new opportunity within Quality Control comes from a privately owned company within the manufacturing sector. Experts in production materials and methods they work alongside companies in highly regulated industries to support successful product development and manufacture within a competitive timeframe.
Through continuous investment in Quality Assurance and by building strong customer and supplier relationships this dynamic SME has gone from strength to strength and today collaborates with a global customer base.
Joining them as Quality Engineer you will be responsible for working closely with suppliers, customers, and the manufacturing floor to ensure the quality of materials, components, and finished product in line with customer and quality requirements. This will include work for the Automotive, Aerospace and Medical Industries and completion of the Production Part Approval Process, PPAP.
Further Responsibilities will include:
- Working with customers to capture and review project requirements
- Suggesting quality and process improvements to suppliers, this will include visits to supplier sites and documenting your findings
- Investigation of non-conformance and root cause analysis. Undertaking corrective and preventative actions as required.
- Quality inspection of components and assemblies to ensure compliance with customer and regulatory requirements
- Completion of part review documentation and control plans
- Manage IMDS submissions and any customer required inspection documents i.e. FAIR, PQS, CMM
- Ensure inspection equipment is calibrated
To carry out this role they are seeking a qualified engineer with experience in quality control in a manufacturing environment ideally for the automotive sector. Proven knowledge of and experience with PPAP is key as is experience in the inspection of materials, components and products. A good understanding of different manufacturing techniques and the ability to read and interpret CAD drawings is also required.
Further desirable skills and experience includes use of CMM equipment, Minitab and CT Scanners, as well as experience in a ISO9001 or TS16949 certified environment.
In return the company is offering a dynamic role in an established quality team with competitive benefits and opportunity for training and development.