North Cambridgeshire – commutable from south Lincolnshire, Peterborough and Norwich
This new opportunity comes from a privately owned company within the manufacturing sector. Experts in production materials and methods they work alongside companies in highly regulated industries to support successful product development and manufacture within a competitive timeframe.
Through continuous investment in Quality Assurance and by building strong customer and supplier relationships this dynamic SME has gone from strength to strength and today collaborates with a global customer base.
Joining them as Project Administrator you will support the Project Management team with the coordination and delivery of projects for key customers in the automotive, aerospace, and medical device sectors.
Responsibilities will include:
- When a RFQ is received support the Manager with providing a quote by sending requests to suppliers and chasing responses
- Once an order is received manage the administrative tasks required for project kick off, and monitoring project progress
- Ensure all customer and supplier queries are responded to within the timeframe required.
- Receive, download, and save provided CAD data ensuring the drawings are checked and referenced across the project paperwork
- Retain high volumes of information across a number of projects running at one time.
- Ensure change control procedures are followed in full before any changes to part materials or specifications are agreed.
- Chair project meetings and record meeting actions to make sure all departments have the information they require, and project costs and invoice requirements are kept up to date.
- Communicate any instances of non-conformance to the quality team so they can be resolved and ensure they are recorded and documented
Whilst each project and customer are different the project controls and administrative tasks to complete these projects successfully will remain the same, as such you need to be comfortable doing a lot of repeat processes each time a RFQ is received.
To complete this role, you will need to have excellent organisational skills and a strong ability to multi-task. It’s also key that you work from your own initiative as you will be working in a fast-paced environment. Your role is essential to project delivery so its important your also happy to question the management team and senior stakeholders, pushing them to meet key deadlines as required.
In addition, you must be computer competent with excellent Microsoft Office skills and a willingness to work with new software programmes.
In return the company is offering a dynamic role in an established project team with competitive benefits and the opportunity for training and development.