This role comes to market from an established global business that manufactures on a high variety, low-medium volume basis for the international market. With a strong history in British manufacturing, they have a large design and manufacturing presence here in the UK and are continuing to benefit from ongoing investment and growth.
Joining them as a Production Engineer you will be joining them as they look to increase and strengthen the existing production team at their Blackpool facility to support that company growth and to manage the continued introduction of new products.
As such you will have the exciting opportunity to join a site amidst the introduction of NPI projects, continued investment, and significant change. Whilst the role won’t be without its challenges, requiring you to think on your feet and use your problem-solving skills to identify new solutions that keep the production line flowing at maximum efficiency. It will also allow you to develop new processes, implement your own ideas and really make an impact on the site’s overall performance.
Production capability includes a flow through production line compromising welding, fabrication, a paint shop and assembly.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Develop, manage, and monitor production processes
- Work as part of a project team to support NPI projects from concept to completion
- Create and maintain build instructions, process control documentation and process control databases
- Support prototype and proof-build activities
- Management of internal and external suppliers
- New technology and software investigation and implementation
- Application of problem solving and fault-finding techniques to resolve production bottlenecks, improve productivity and to identify/implement process improvements.
To carry out this varied role they are seeking an experienced Production Engineer who is used to working in a high variety/low-medium volume production environment. You will also need to demonstrate experience working on New Product Introduction Projects as well as the ability to introduce and manage change.
A good technical skillset, working with different software and technology as well as CAD design skills will also be highly beneficial.
In return you will benefit from a 4-day working week Monday – Thursday and competitive employee benefits. The site itself has also benefited from multi-million investment giving you a great work environment.