This opportunity comes to market from a global business specialising in the design and manufacture of electro-mechanical products for the medical device sector. Due to a significant number of NPD projects underway within R&D currently they seek an experienced Embedded Software Engineer to join them.
In this role you will work on the full lifecycle design and development of both medical and non-medical components and devices from research and concept through detailed design, analysis, prototype, testing and evaluation. Working to realise plans for next generation products you will work on conceptual designs and then see them successfully through the development lifecycle all whilst taking into consideration operational and quality requirements.
The skills/experience they require for this project includes:
- Degree or HNC/HND qualified in Electronic/Electrical Engineering
- Strong experience in linear & switch mode power supply design
- Experience in the design of isolation transformers
- Strong experience in Analogue Circuit design
- Design of electronics PCB including single, double sided, multilayer, through hole and surface mount using ORCAD schematic capture/ PCB Design
- Knowledge of risk assessment methods such as DFMEA ensuring robust and safe electronics design
- Strong practical skills in areas including wiring, soldering, and building electronic circuits
Further to the above an appreciation of medical industry standards such as IEC60601, EMC and LVD and how they impact hardware design is highly beneficial. As is a working knowledge of programmable power suppliers, spectrum analysers, oscilloscopes, EMC test equipment & PSpice circuit simulation.
Offering a great work environment this exciting position comes from a business that really values its people. Company benefits include a free coach service from their local train stations increasing access from the local area, central and east London as well as an onsite subsidised canteen and an onsite nursery. Employee benefits include double matched contributory pension to 12% and private healthcare after your first year.