Newport – South Wales
Competitive salary and benefits available
This is a great opportunity to join an international tier 1 supplier at their UK headquarters in South Wales. With design, development and manufacturing activity taking place on-site this centre of excellence works closely with world-class OEM’s and aftermarket customers across the military, agricultural, motorsport and construction sectors.
Joining them as Project Manager you will manage Projects for New Product Development and Introduction working closely with the sales and engineering teams to see projects from initial enquiry and quotation through to design, production and delivery. This will include working closely with global clients, internal teams and stakeholders to ensure the efficient delivery and implementation of next-generation products. Projects will vary in scale and value from smaller product adaptations through to the complete development of new technology.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Management of the New Product Development (NPD) and New Product Introduction (NPI) process
- Managing projects through a phase-gate process including preparation and presentation of gate reviews to the global team
- Working with suppliers and customers to coordinate activities
- Schedule and lead core team meetings
- Track project expenditure and coordinate cost activity to meet budget targets
- Organise resources as required managing any resource conflict within a matrix organisation
To perform this role, they are seeking a qualified mechanical engineer with industry experience working on New Product Development and Introduction on a project basis. They are seeking an experience project manager but are also open to those seeking this as their next career step. A Prince 2 or APM qualification will be beneficial but is not essential and the business is happy to support you in gaining this certification.
Located in South Wales close to the Brecon Beacons National Park this is a great location for those with a love of outdoor sports. The area also boasts a number of great restaurants and gastropubs whilst being commutable from major cities including Cardiff and Gloucester.