This exciting new role comes to market from one of the UK’s leading technology centres. Partnering with multi-national companies through to SME’s across the manufacturing industries they aim to increase the competitiveness of the manufacturing sector in the UK.
Providing a vital link between academia and industry they help to take innovative new ideas and research and mature them so their ready for use in industry. Whether it’s leading the development of cutting-edge new technology, revolutionising our production systems or guiding capital investments they are involved, working alongside their industry partners to improve performance.
Joining them as a Mechatronics engineer you will work on the design, development and delivery of automation, mechatronics and advanced production systems on a project basis. This will include innovative new research around technology / manufacturing readiness levels 3+ including the identification, technical specification and delivery of new and novel technology.
This varied role will see you in a customer facing position, technically leading key projects that will increase in scale as you progress within the organisation. This will require involvement in all aspects of the project delivery including but not restricted to: concept generation, detailed design, ensuring compliance with all relevant standards, technical support of commissioning, awareness of project budget and deliverables.
To carry out this key role they are seeking a degree educated engineer with the following skills and experience:
- Degree educated in an engineering subject such as Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Integrated Manufacturing
- Experience in the electro-mechanical design and engineering of automation/mechatronic equipment, special purpose machinery or robotics including engineering drawings, schematics and calculations
- A cross-skilled engineer keen to develop a broad set of technical skills and learn outside of their current technical knowledge
- An interest in developing new capabilities and exploring new technologies that will impact multiple engineering industries
- Able to develop creative solutions to complex problems and deliver from concept through to physical realisation
- Strong 3D Cad skills in Solidworks, NX or other similar CAD packages
- An understanding of electrical systems, motors, controls, drives, pneumatics, and PLC’s
- An understanding of electrical design including the use of E-plan is beneficial but not essential.
- Experience engaging with suppliers and sub-contractors
- The ambition to progress towards leadership or line management roles
In return they can offer an excellent career opportunity and a positive work environment. Company benefits include flexible working hours, a 4-day working week, onsite subsidised canteen, strong employee benefits and opportunities for your further education and professional development.