This exciting new role comes to market from one of the UK’s leading technology centres. Partnering with multi-national companies through to SME’s across the manufacturing and construction industries they aim to increase the competitiveness of these sectors in the UK.
Providing a vital link between academia and industry they help to take innovative new ideas and research and mature them so their ready for use in industry. Whether it’s leading the development of cutting-edge new technology, revolutionising our production systems or guiding capital investments they are involved, working alongside their industry partners to improve performance.
Joining their design and build team you will take your understanding of modern manufacturing methods and automation solutions and use this to work on innovative new engineering solutions for application in the construction and infrastructure industries. This will include the identification, technical specification, and delivery of new and novel technology.
This varied role will see you in a customer facing position, technically leading key projects that will increase in scale as you progress within the organisation. This will require involvement in all aspects of the project delivery including but not restricted to; concept generation, detailed design, ensuring compliance with all relevant standards, technical support of commissioning, awareness of project budget and deliverables.
To carry out this key role they are seeking a degree educated engineer with the following skills and experience:
- A proven track record of research and development including prototyping products
- A background in the design of complex moving mechanical products that incorporate electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic engineering.
- Experience with Siemens NX, Solidworks or similar leading CAD package
- A strong understanding of materials, mechanical principles and typical engineering techniques used to solve complex problems through intelligent design.
- Technical knowledge of current construction methods, tools, and techniques as well as their limitations.
- 3-5 years industry experience in a design, construction or manufacturing role that has allowed you to apply your design skills within the construction industries such as offsite pre-fabrication, yellow goods or machinery design.
In return they can offer an excellent career opportunity and a positive work environment. Company benefits include a 4-day working week, flexible working hours, work from home opportunities, onsite subsidised canteen, strong employee benefits and opportunities for your further education and professional development.