This role comes to market from a specialist vehicle manufacturer with a strong history of design in the UK. Continuing to invest in new vehicle development and growing their UK R&D team they are seeking an experienced design engineer to join their Chassis development team.
This is a unique opportunity to work on Vehicle Chassis and Suspension system and component design including powertrain, hydraulics and braking systems. A varied role this position will see you accountable for full lifecycle design, working on a range of projects from full new vehicle developments through to bespoke customer alterations. Often designing to meet customer requirement including the range of operational environments vehicles are required to perform in.
For this role they are seeking a mechanical engineer with 3-5+ years industry experience to include previous chassis and suspension system design. Further skills sought include:
- Degree qualified mechanical engineer or HND + equivalent experience
- Strong 3D CAD skills including modelling, general arrangement and production drawings
- Strong understanding of geometric tolerances, stress, fatigues and FEA
- Good knowledge of design for low/medium volume manufacture – DFM, DFA
- Knowledge of the design process behind manufacturing processes such as casting and welded fabrication. Able to design to meet cost, weight and performance targets.
- Able to lead team-based design activities including DVP&R, DFMEA and Risk analysis
- Good Problem-solving ability including the use of 8D
- Experience in DVP – Design Validation Planning and Reporting
- Experience with one or more of the following vehicle systems: powertrain, hydraulics, braking, chassis or suspension
As well as a varied role with ownership for your designs they can offer a positive work environment, with flexible working hours, good benefits and opportunity for career progression.