Passionate about consumer product development?
How about competitive winter sports?
This exciting position comes to market from an expanding start up, based in Southeast London. With their first product already launched to market they are doubling their production year-on-year to keep up with demand and continuously investing in the development of next generation devices.
Specialising in body-worn electronics designed to perform in the demanding environment of winter sports they are offering a passionate engineer a full lifecycle design and development role, seeing designs through from initial creative brainstorming right through to working with their supply chain to solve problems during volume production with a focus on testing, validation and prototyping.
Based from their London office with an element of home working, product testing is encouraged, and a perk of the job is being able to base your self from their office in Austria for 2-4 weeks during the ski season, staying in the company flat as you get firsthand experience with the product in the field.
To Join their existing hardware team as a mechanical engineer they are seeking the following skills and experience:
- 3+ years industry experience in product development ideally with a similar electro-mechanical product i.e. consumer electronics, bodyworn electronics or similar devices that include software and electronics systems encased in a plastic enclosure.
- A previous track record in product testing and validation
- Good 3D CAD skills – ideally Solidworks
- Experience in designing for optimum manufacture and assembly – DFM/ DFA at both low and high volumes
- Experience working with 3rd party suppliers in the Far East and China for production
Finally, a passion for winter sports including Skiing is also pretty key, though a willingness to learn and a sense of adventure can also be considered.
This role is based in Central London within Zone 1 and South of the Thames. The office is well situated with strong transport links by Train, Tube and Bus. The role is office based with some flexibility to work 1-2 days a week from home. The role will include future opportunities for Travel including to the company office in Austria and to visit Suppliers in the Far East.