This hands-on design role comes to market from a leading manufacturer of vehicles in the West Midlands. An established global business they design, manufacture and assemble their vehicles here in the UK and have a strong project pipeline in place supporting their continued growth.
With ongoing investment in the development of next generation vehicles including a 100% electric vehicle solution the business is committed to the development of innovative solutions and new technology.
Today they are seeing a experienced engineer to join their current product team, working on design projects across the vehicle including the chassis system and bodywork. You will also work on a variety of projects ranging from initiatives to improve performance or reduce cost/weight through to engineering change requests and bespoke customer adaptations.
As well as interesting design projects they can offer a great work environment, career progression and flexible working opportunities with a business that truly values its people.
For this role key skills sought include:
- HNC/HND/Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Strong 3D CAD skills and knowledge of FEA
- Experienced in DFMEA and DVP (design validation planning)
- Understanding of designing to meet a variety of international vehicle requirements
- Previous industry experience in either the Automotive, Motorsport, Yellow Goods, hydraulics or Machinery Sectors
In return they are offering good opportunities for further development, flexible working hours, hybrid working with up to 2 days a week worked from home and competitive benefits.
To apply for this role please submit your CV today for consideration.