Based in Plymouth
This is a great opportunity to join a leading manufacturer in the South West area with a strong history in the production of plastic products for regulated industries. The business supplies components and products internationally and over recent years has benefited from significant investment into new plant equipment and machinery.
Joining them as a Maintenance Engineer you will proactively maintain the industrial equipment onsite ensuring its smooth operation and minimal downtime. You will also provide reactive maintenance when breakdowns occur. In addition, you will oversee the installation of new equipment on a project basis.
As a well-rounded engineer you will be responsible for servicing and maintaining all machinery onsite as well the factories operations including HVAC and lighting. Machines will include heavy press machinery, injection moulding machines and automation equipment.
Given their work with clients in regulated industries work will take places in both cleanroom and non-cleanroom environments.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Install new production equipment
- Service and maintain machinery
- Troubleshoot mechanical and electrical breakdowns
- P.A.T testing
- Legionella checks on water temperatures and coolant sampling
- Raise requests for spare parts required
- Prepare and submit maintenance and breakdown reports
- Maintain equipment, supplies and parts inventories by checking stock, anticipating requirements, placing orders and managing receipt of items ordered
To carry out this role they are seeking a multi-skilled engineer and a certified 18th edition electrician who can fault-find on machinery and undertake rewiring and maintenance of the machines as well as general maintenance issues around the site.
Further skills and experience required includes:
- C&G or BTec qualified in Mechanical Engineering and Electrical Installations or equivalent experience
- Able to read engineering drawings
- Experience in electrical testing of components and systems to locate issues and check functionality
- Able to remove. Strip-down and repair mechanical and electrical assemblies
- 3 years + practical industry experience with strong technical skills
- Good problem-solving skills and able to manage a varied workload
In return they offer competitive salary, contributory pension, flexible working hours and further employee benefits. Certified for excellence as one of the UK’s top employers they also offer a great working environment at their state-of-the-art facility with onsite parking.