*Must have valid SC/DV Clearance or be eligible for and willing to complete these checks*
This exciting new role comes to market from one of the UK’s leading technology centres. Partnering with multi-national companies through to SMEs across the manufacturing industries they aim to increase the competitiveness of the manufacturing sector in the UK.
Providing a vital link between academia and industry they help to take innovative new ideas and research and mature them so their ready for use in industry. Whether it’s leading the development of cutting-edge new technology, revolutionising our production systems or guiding capital investments they are involved, working alongside their industry partners to improve performance.
Joining them as a Lead Design Engineer you will lead the design, development and delivery of Electro-mechanical Equipment, Automated Machinery, Robotics, and advanced production systems on a project basis. This will include innovative new research around technology / manufacturing readiness levels 3+ including the identification, technical specification, and delivery of new and novel technology.
This varied role will see you in a customer facing position, technically leading key projects in a customer facing role. This will require involvement in all aspects of the project delivery including but not restricted to: concept generation, detailed design, ensuring compliance with all relevant standards, technical support of commissioning, awareness of project budget and deliverables.
To carry out this key role they are seeking a degree educated engineer with the following skills and experience:
- Degree educated in a mechanical engineering subject with 7+ years industry experience in mechanical design and/or manufacturing
- Able to apply engineering controls and design validation methods that will ensure projects are delivered in line with customer requirements.
- Proven track record in industry developing production solutions through the design and introduction of new machinery, equipment and/or robotics.
- Experience writing and reviewing design proposals
- Able to develop creative solutions to complex problems and deliver from concept through to physical realisation
- A proven track record of technical leadership, managing delivery from multi-disciplined project teams in line with cost, time and quality requirements.
- Qualified as a chartered engineer or looking to work towards this certification
This role will involve working on projects for the military, defence and energy sectors that require security clearance. It is beneficial if you already hold DV or SC clearance but if not it is essential that you are eligible for and willing to complete these checks.
In return they can offer an excellent career opportunity and a positive work environment. Company benefits include flexible working hours, a 4-day working week, onsite subsidised canteen, strong employee benefits and opportunities for your further education and professional development.