This is a great opportunity to join an international tier 1 supplier at their UK headquarters in South Wales. With design, development and manufacturing activity taking place on-site this centre of excellence works closely with world-class OEM’s and aftermarket customers across the military, agricultural, motorsport and construction sectors.
Joining them as Lead Development Engineer you will be responsible for the management and technical leadership of the development function including the development team and the test lab. Whilst your role will be management focused you will also get involved with day-to-day test activities within the lab on a regular basis and this will account for around 20% of your role.
Leading a team of 3 including development engineers and test technicians your role will focus on resource management, workload planning, ensuring the maintenance of lab equipment and managing/leading the team. You will also be responsible for promoting a safe work environment within the lab and a culture of continuous improvement.
A key role your team will be supporting the introduction of new products into manufacture and the ongoing design improvement of both new and existing products.
To perform this role, they are seeking a mechanically qualified engineer with previous test and development experience in Industry and a track record of leadership experience. Further requirements include:
- HNC/HND or degree qualified mechanical engineer
- Demonstratable experience working in an engineering laboratory environment to include workload planning and planned/preventative maintenance of a variety of lab equipment
- Able to demonstrate prior management or technical/project leadership experience
- A good foundation of engineering knowledge related to mobile hydraulics, electro-hydraulics, and mechatronic systems
- Experience working with data acquisition tools and technology, alongside data analysis and technical reporting
- A self-starter with strong planning and communication skills, passionate about continuous improvement and coaching and mentoring others
In addition, those with engineering experience within the yellow goods, or commercial vehicle sectors are encouraged to apply as are Ex-Forces / Military / RAF personal with technical trades and experience related to vehicle or aircraft engineering.
Located in South Wales close to the Brecon Beacons National Park this is a great location for those with a love of outdoor sports. The area also boasts a number of great restaurants and gastropubs whilst being commutable from major cities including Cardiff and Gloucester.