This senior leadership role is a newly created position within a growing business that values the importance of effective project management to the wider organisation. Their small project management team originated within R&D originally focusing on New Product Development projects and is now set to be its own standalone function supporting projects, programs, and portfolios across the business. Projects will vary from NPD and NPI projects through to capex investments, business change and continuous improvements programs.
Joining them as Head of Projects and Programs you will operate as part of the senior leadership team and be responsible for overseeing projects, programs and portfolio’s in line with organisation project management guidelines. This will include the advanced planning and professional delivery of high-risk and complex programs of work.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Direct your team of 5+ project and program managers to successfully deliver NPD, lifecycle management and business change projects and programs to budget, on time and to quality targets
- Responsibility for a portfolio of projects and programs typically valued £5 million + GBP
- Identify program and portfolio goals and deliverables in collaboration with senior stakeholders
- Prioritise and authorise projects and programs ensuring they align with global business unit objectives. This will include a focus on long term developments within the business and strategic planning for long term product development.
- Manage resource availability, solving any conflicts through effective prioritisation, team engagement and where required escalation
- Observe and control project and program deliverables including documentation and reporting of status and progress
- Lead the development and improvement of project and program processes, tools, reports and software for optimised program delivery and team performance.
- Implement and work to all applicable regulatory and quality requirements
- Identify and report on portfolio risks, implementing counter measures for effective observation, control and reduction.
- Supervise and develop your team of project managers to ensure they receive suitable development and performance management to their benefit as well as their colleagues and the company.
- Hands on project and program management as required by business needs.
This newly created role is a key position amidst this established organisations continued growth and transformation and they are seeking a highly experienced project professional to join them and help shape the position.
Key skills and experience required include:
- Degree or qualification in Business Administration or equivalent
- Profession project management qualification i.e., Prince 2 practitioner, IPMA level B, PMP or a member of the APM
- A strong understanding of the interrelationships between the organisation and the wider environment and economy
- A proven track record in new product design, development and introduction
- A proven track record in change management
- Strong experience in the delivery of complex projects and programs including experience in portfolio management
- Experience in the leadership and line management of project and program managers
- Any experience in regulated industries such as medical devices, aerospace rail, defence or O&G would be beneficial.
Offering a great work environment this exciting position comes from a business that really values its people. Company benefits include a free coach service from their local train stations increasing access from the local area, central and east London as well as an onsite subsidised canteen and an onsite nursery. Employee benefits include double matched contributory pension to 12% and private healthcare after your first year.
Please note the employer has implemented a number of measures to make sure their site is Covid Safe and is also currently offering employees the choice to work from home or onsite as they feel comfortable with this being continuously monitored by the business in line with government advice.
Long term the business is reviewing their work from home policy with greater flexibility expected to stay in place. Whilst this role is not open to complete remote working, the business are happy to consider applications from those that would require the flexibility to partially work from home.
To apply please submit your CV for consideration.