This opportunity comes to market from a from a leading manufacturer of vehicles in the West Midlands. Continuing to grow this household name have developed their vehicles in the UK for over 100 years and have a strong reputation for high quality vehicles tailored to their customers’ requirements.
With ongoing investment in the development of next generation vehicles including a 100% electric vehicle solution the business is committed to the development of innovative solutions and continues to grow year on year.
Joining them as a Harness Design Engineer you will support the electrical design team with the design and detailing of harness systems and electrical component packaging. This will include the packaging of high voltage components.
To fulfil this role the client seeks the following skills:
- Degree qualified or HNC/HND plus experience in mechanical or electrical engineering
- 3-5 years + industry experience in the design of harness layout design, component packaging and routing.
- Previous electrical related design experience in the transport/ automotive sector
- Experience with 3D CAD software such as Catia, NX, Solidworks, Inventor, Creo or Solidedge
- A detailed understanding of mechanical design principals
- The ability to design for optimum cost, quality and timing
- Experience in engineering change control ideally using TeamCenter
- Good problem-solving ability using techniques such as 8D
- Experience in Design validation planning (DVP) and DFMEA.
Experience with high voltage systems would also be beneficial though not essential as would any prior experience with design applications such as Vesys or Zuken E3.
As well as a varied role and strong project pipeline the employer is able to offer flexible working hours, hybrid working with the option to work 2 days a week from home, a great work environment and good opportunities for continued training and development.
To apply send in your CV today demonstrating the above listed skills and experience.