This exciting new role comes to market from one of the UK’s leading technology centres. Partnering with multi-national companies through to SME’s across the manufacturing industries they aim to increase the competitiveness of the manufacturing sector in the UK.
Providing a vital link between academia and industry they help to take innovative new ideas and research and mature them so their ready for use in industry. Whether it’s leading the development of cutting-edge new technology, revolutionising our production systems or guiding capital investments they are involved, working alongside their industry partners to improve performance.
Joining them as a Resource Manager you will be responsible for resource development and deployment as well as direct line management of this department of multi-skilled engineers working on the research and development of new production systems and technology.
Your further responsibilities will include:
- Strategic deployment of engineering resource across a variety of industrial and technology sector projects. This will include deploying appropriate skillsets to ensure successful project delivery alongside a focus on providing engineers with an opportunity to broaden and improve on their existing skills.
- Recruitment of additional resource as required for current projects and upcoming technologies the business is likely to invest in and explore with its industry partners in the future.
- Oversee engineers career development in line with their ambitions, the organisations needs and the companies’ strategic objectives.
- Day-to-day line management of your direct reports
- Contribute to coaching and mentoring across your wider team
You will also have the opportunity to undertake other technology group management roles in the business as you further develop your management experience. An integral part of the management team you will work collaboratively with the wider management teams to deliver the corporate objectives of the business and to ensure delivery of functional and business unit strategies.
To carry out this key role they are seeking a degree educated engineer with the technical expertise to understand varied project requirements. Further skills required include:
- An understanding of a breadth of engineering technologies and their industrial applications
- Strong people management and leadership skills
- An interest in future technologies and the ability to contribute to the tactical direction of the business
- Strong commercial skills and the ability to strategically plan the recruitment and deployment of engineering resource
In return they can offer an excellent career opportunity and a positive work environment. Company benefits include a 4-day working week, flexible working hours, work from home opportunities, onsite subsidised canteen, strong employee benefits and opportunities for your further education and professional development.