To be based from either Coventry or Liverpool.
This exciting new role comes to market from one of the UK’s leading technology centres. Partnering with multi-national companies through to SME’s across the manufacturing industries they aim to increase the competitiveness of the manufacturing sector in the UK.
Providing a vital link between academia and industry they help to take innovative new ideas and research and mature them so their ready for use in industry. Whether it’s leading the development of cutting-edge new technology, revolutionising our production systems or guiding capital investments they are involved, working alongside their industry partners to improve performance.
Joining them as a Technology Manager you will be the business unit lead for the Advanced Production Systems Team. Your core role as business unit lead will see you responsible for setting the departments financial and growth targets in line with business objectives and responsible for the successful delivery of those business unit objectives.
Your further responsibilities will include:
- Leading the management team in your department to develop and deliver the department strategy
- Promote compliance, instil a culture of continuous improvement, drive overall performance and delivery of departmental resources
- Work with the group business leader to develop the department’s annual budget and forecasts
- Proactively manage and report key metrics
- Forecast required recruitment/promotion levels, manage investment decisions and plan the use of funding for capability development
- Ensure appropriate technical governance across the project portfolio
- Maintain your understanding of sectors industrial challenges, their related business opportunities and delivery models
- Select and sponsor new value propositions that meet the demands of the industrial sectors and maximise business growth
You will also have the opportunity to undertake other technology group management roles in the business as you further develop your management experience. An integral part of the management team you will work collaboratively with the wider management teams to deliver the corporate objectives of the business and to ensure delivery of functional and business unit strategies.
To carry out this key role they are seeking a degree educated mechanical engineer with the following skills and experience:
- A proven track record in industry that incorporates a breadth of engineering technologies and their industrial applications
- Past experience in the design and development of complex mechanical products and systems that incorporate electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic technology.
- Proven leadership and management experience of a business unit including P&L responsibility
- A strong technical understanding that will allow you to provide technical leadership and guidance to your teams in line with your areas of expertise, these can include mechanical or electrical design, machinery, automation, or systems integration
- A good level of commercial understanding and the ability to think strategically.
In return they can offer an excellent career opportunity and a positive work environment. Company benefits include a 4-day working week, flexible working hours, work from home opportunities, onsite subsidised canteen, strong employee benefits and opportunities for your further education and professional development.