This opportunity comes to market from a from a leading manufacturer of vehicles in the West Midlands. Continuing to grow this household name have developed their vehicles in the UK for over 100 years and have a strong reputation for high quality vehicles tailored to their customers’ requirements. With ongoing investment in the development of next generation vehicles the business is committed to the development of innovative solutions and continues to grow year on year.
A leader in their sector with a large design and manufacturing presence here in the UK. They are offering a varied role where you will work on a range of NPD projects as part of a small electrical design team within the R&D department. As well as working on whole vehicle systems you will have the opportunity to contribute to the development of electric vehicle architecture.
Joining a department that has increased their NPD investment with projects focused on everything from improved vehicle efficiency, performance and safety to increasing their vehicle range and the introduction of electric and hybrid vehicle technology this is an autonomous role with the opportunity to work on full lifecycle design.
To fulfil this role the client seeks the following skills:
- Degree qualified in electrical or electronic engineering or the ability to demonstrate this level of competence
- 3-5 years + industry experience
- Proficient in use of an electrical CAD system i.e. Vesys, Zuken, AutoCAD electrical etc.
- Experience in the detailed design of electrical schematics and harnesses
- Knowledge of High Voltage electrical system design or Electric/Hybrid vehicle systems will be beneficial
- Knowledge of the American market is also of benefit
In return they can offer strong career prospects, full training and support, good benefits, and flexible working hours.