This is a great opportunity to join an international tier 1 supplier at their UK headquarters in south wales. With design, development and manufacturing activity taking place on-site this centre of excellence works closely with world-class OEM’s and aftermarket customers across the military, agricultural, motorsport and construction sectors.
Joining them as Development Engineer you will be responsible for both bench and on-vehicle testing of new product designs before logging test data and generating detailed technical reports for internal and external customer use. You will also participate in DFMEA as well as design for manufacture/assembly studies and help to interpret findings in relation to customer requirements all of which will help to generate the design validation plan or DVP.
A key role you will be supporting the introduction of new products into manufacture and the ongoing design improvement of both new and existing products.
To perform this role, they are seeking a mechanically qualified engineer with previous test and development experience in Industry. Further requirements include:
- A good foundation of engineering knowledge and able to perform engineering calculations
- The ability to interpret Hydraulic schematic and electric wiring diagrams
- Able to interpret technical and assembly drawings
- Proven ability to analyse data and put together technical reports summarising your conclusions
- Multi-disciplined experience in vehicle service engineering would be advantageous
- Prior experience working with hydraulic, pneumatic, electro-hydrualic or mechatronic products, components and systems will be of significant benefit.
In addition, those with engineering experience within the yellow goods, or commercial vehicle sectors are encouraged to apply as are Ex-Forces / Military / RAF personal with technical trades and experience related to vehicle or aircraft engineering.
Located in South Wales close to the Brecon Beacons National Park this is a great location for those with a love of outdoor sports. The area also boasts a number of great restaurants and gastropubs whilst being commutable from major cities including Cardiff and Gloucester.