This management opportunity comes to market from a leading manufacturer of vehicles in the West Midlands. An established global business and specialist vehicle manufacturer they manufacture on a low-medium volume basis for the international market and have a large design and manufacturing presence here in the UK.
Joining them amidst their continued growth and with a strong project pipeline you will lead a team of 10 mechanical design engineers and the continued design and development of vehicle chassis structure and systems. This will include resource management, project management, product design, production support and continued team development.
A passion for people development, mentoring and leadership is key with this role. As is the ability to implement process improvements and best practice.
To carry out this leadership role the key skills/experience required include:
- Degree educated mechanical engineer with 8+ years industry experience in a relevant sector such as Automotive, F1, Motorsport, Commercial Vehicles or Yellow goods
- A proven track record in the design, development and testing of structural chassis and suspension systems
- Project management experience from concept to completion
- Proven man-manager with a passion for mentoring and developing your team.
- Experience implementing process improvements
- Experience in FMEA and DVP
- An understanding of EU and North American legislation & market requirements
- Proficient in the use of 3D CAD, able to interrogate drawings with an appreciation of FEA
In return the client offers competitive salary, flexible hours and some home working, competitive benefits and a progressive work environment.
To apply submit your CV demonstrating the above requested skills and experience.