This exciting role comes from one of the UK’s most established engineering firms. With a 100-year history and strong track record of ongoing growth they are seeking a experienced CAE Engineer to join them as they continue to invest in NPD, diversification and geographical expansion.
Joining them as CAE Engineer you will be responsible for structural analysis of welded fabrications this will include linear and non-linear analysis, durability analysis, fatigue life prediction and FEA using Altair and nCode software. Your role will include mentoring mechanical design engineers as they complete more simple analysis work and engaging with external consultancies to specify and then quality check more complex crash analysis work.
This a varied role that requires a self-starter, someone able to work autonomously in a role that will utilise the full breadth of your knowledge and offer good opportunity for continued learning and development.
They also offer a flexible working culture with core hours but varying start/finish times and hybrid working in place so you can work from home 2 days a week.
To carry out this key role that are seeking an experienced CAE Engineer with the following skills and experience:
- Degree qualified or HNC/HND plus experience in Mechanical Engineering or a similar engineering subject
- 3-5 years + Relative Industry experience in a sector such as Yellow Goods, Agricultural Machinery, Heavy Engineering, Consultancy or automotive
- Prior experience in welded fabrication design and analysis
- A detailed understanding of stress and strain analysis
- Experience with structural and stress analysis and experience in fatigue life prediction
- Experience with CAE Software such as Altair, nCode or similar packages
- A proven track record engaging and managing internal and external suppliers