Automation & Mechatronics Engineer
This exciting new role comes to market from one of the UK’s leading technology centres. Partnering with multi-national companies through to SME’s across the manufacturing industries they aim to increase the competitiveness of the manufacturing sector in the UK.
Providing a vital link between academia and industry they help to take innovative new ideas and research and mature them so their ready for use in industry. Whether it’s leading the development of cutting-edge new technology, revolutionising our production systems or guiding capital investments they are involved, working alongside their industry partners to improve performance.
Joining them as an Automation & Mechatronics Engineer you will work on the design, development and delivery of automation, mechatronics and advanced production systems on a project basis. This will include innovative new research around technology / manufacturing readiness levels 3+ including the identification, technical specification and delivery of new and novel technology.
This varied role will see you in a customer facing position, technically leading key projects that will increase in scale as you progress within the organisation. This will require involvement in all aspects of the project delivery including but not restricted to: concept generation, detailed design, ensuring compliance with all relevant standards, technical support of commissioning, awareness of project budget and deliverables.
To carry out this key role they are seeking a degree educated engineer with the following skills and experience:
- Degree educated in electronics, mechatronics, robotics, systems engineering or similar
- Strong technical analysis skills
- Knowledge of electrical systems, electronics, PLC programming to IEC61131, motors, drives
- Programming experience with Siemens, Allen-Bradley, Beckhoff or similar products
- Programming experience in structured text, Python, C/C++ or C#
- Experience in Robot Programming for industrial robotics, computer vision or machine learning
- Experience using LabVIEW, National Instrument, or similar products
- Experience working in telerobotic, teleoperation or haptics is desirable but not essential.
In return they can offer an excellent career opportunity and a positive work environment. Company benefits include flexible working hours, a 4 day working week, onsite subsidised canteen, strong employee benefits and opportunities for your further education and professional development.